The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blah, Blah, planting, blah, blah, complaint, now you've read the post...

Yesterday I got a real planting job. 80 acres all in one block. It is near the 15 acre fields. The problem is I need to apply fertilizer and the 2-135 only has two remotes. I need three. Up/down, coulter depth, and fertilizer pump. I already have a valve doubler on the coulter depth so I can use my markers. I will either have to plumb in to the "power beyond" little plug, add another valve, or put the valve doubler on the up and down/coulter down pressure.
Adding a valve will be a pain as my extra valves that I have scrounged all leak.
I could do power beyond and I have a electric flow control device but to do it right will take time.
I suppose I'll just have to move the valve doubler but that will mess me up and I'll keep running the wrong lever.
Life is just too complicated.
Actually, it is cold outside and I don't want to get out of my chair. Not midwest cold, just wet Oregon cold. Everyone one is sick at my house today. I'm probably next...

2 comments:

  1. That weather is none too inspiring Budde. Much different here but still no incentive to work out in the southwest wind blowing and +5 temp.
    At least I have that excuse to do nothing outside besides cattle chores. The brakes and carb on that old IH are not going to fix themselves though so I'm hoping for a warm up one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is how people got to be accomplished musician in the olden days.
    I've been enclosing an old building to use as a shop but it still is lacing a door. The cold (below 40) weather is not as bad as the wind and rain. I can't stay warm with the wet cold.
    Perhaps the IH will fix itself. We have a couple tractors parked outback that we are trying that experiment with. Will let you know how it works.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!