The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Friday, January 28, 2011

I plant and listen to the radio and think the world is in a mess

I just listened to NPR.
They are doing a lot of coverage on the events in Egypt. They are way to excited.
BO and Hillary are concerned.
They are making remarks about "democracy."
There is one thing I have learned in the last decade is that the USA does not care about human rights or "democracy" unless it can lead to the humiliation of a long standing US ally. I chance to bomb someone and get into a war without end, or radial Islam will profit.
I think it is funny for BO to speak out against being mean to demonstrators after the US's torture scandals. Or even after renewing the "patriot act"
So I figure these so called democracy movements will end badly somehow.
Women will be stoned for moral offenses in Egypt on a regular basis.
I was unable to get AM on my new Commie manufactured radio so I don't know what the talk shows were saying.
OPB was really concerned about a policeman that was shot on the coast. The OSP has SWAT teams running around and  everything. That has got to be a circus. OPB has got an angle here. Soon the other shoe will drop. Must be about gun control.
I like it better with no radio.
I'm just posting this so I'll have it written down to prove I'm right in six months.
I have a funny story about some kids in town riding around with a cheap stereo in a backpack. I also have boring planting information but I think I will go to bed and perhaps post tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Budde, hard to imagine planting. I just finished shoveling my Blazer out after getting stuck in snow on my driveway.
    Yes, the world's a mess right now but I guess it's been that way for so long we should be used to it by now. Somehow we keep muddling our way through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Budd, Twitter, FaceBook and now the internet are all down in Egypt, so the government stop communications between freedom fighters, anarchists, radicals, patriots or whatever you want to call them. Uncle Barry wants the same power here so he can shut down conservative bloggers (along with FOX). Ain't he sweet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Joseph Campbell's onto something when he says "The world is perfect. It's a mess. It has always been a mess. We are not going to change it. Our job is to straighten out our own lives." Perhaps fixing up our own bits positively impacts things around us more than charging off and trying to fix up somebody else... Planting sounds like as good an action to take as any, better than some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The days are getting longer and time is passing and I am not ready for much of anything. Such is life. No snow here and I suppose there won't be any.
    The world seems not to be turning into the advanced and educated place we imagined it would be. Instead, while we pretend there is tolerance and acceptance there is merely a switch of groups oppressed. The attitudes are still there, it is just someone else who has become the target.
    I'm not sure planting does anything for anybody. I do try to make straight rows...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!