The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Gasoline Alley uses quaint and outdate terms which a good search leads me to strangeness

School was canceled for my daughter today. We were almost out the door. Half the class is sick. The other half is still on the other side of the country. She was all to happy to stay home. Today is "ugly dress day." Some of her uniforms must be designed to build a sense of humility. I wonder if anyone checked out this site before deciding on uniforms? Perhaps they watched this video first which could explain "ugly dress day."
So, we played a couple games of SuperMario on the Wii.
She is engaged in a science experiment at the moment. She is lining the kitty cave/box with different fabrics and timing how long the kitty stays in the box. So far Kitty prefers the pink leopard print...
But, I digress.
The term "Little Lord Fauntleroy," was used in the Gasoline Alley comic strip recently and I've been trying to thing where I have heard the term. I did a search while waiting for Daughter to exit the bathroom. (It is a nasty cold wet rainy day and we didn't get snow and I don't want to go outside and work on a crappy old building)
Click here for a description. Then go to the homepage of that site. Yup, that ought to warp your kid. There are the pree-verts and then there are just folks who are genuinely odd... I think there is some cross-over in that department.

4 comments:

  1. Little Lord Fauntleroy= Namby pamby or sissy.
    Yes, thats pretty much the image the term brings up in my mind. Dressed up like that they don't look like they ever had to work a day in their lives. I'll stick with my combination coveralls for everyday use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sissy! Velvet & lace for a small boy? Thank God I wasn't born in that era to a mother that read
    Burnett!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwwwwwwww don't you guys want to look as pretty as a picture? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure no one on the uniform committee ever saw that video!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!