The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Sunday, December 5, 2010

What I Want for Christmas, (Other than an new iBook)

Just as I wrote this post the screen fell over flat on my iBook. I shut the cord in the hinge a while back and busted it. I am so really tired of being broke.
We didn't go to church this morning which probably means that my daughter will grow up to be a drug addict and an atheist or even worse, a unitarian, or worse than that, she will attend a megachurch where the guys all wear short pants and high five each other a lot, and hug, and send praise messages to each other on facebook and the youth group members blow each other smoke chronic cuss in the church bathrooms...
But, I digress...
I want one of these for Christmas- Specifically a Thorens 145 or 165 with a dust cover and a decent cartridge. Like this... Then I can record my Maria McKee album to MP3 and perhaps my daughter will be come a not-quite-famous singer and song writer and be incredibly attractive at age 19 and suddenly become very large at age 45 causing her old fans to freak out when they see her on YouTube and remember that they loved her for him mind and not her looks all those years ago.
I probably won't get this for Christmas as I really just need socks and underwear...
And a new iBook.
And 1.2 million dollars
Or a pat on the head and a kind word...

1 comment:

  1. Budde, hopefully Santa Clause will grant your wish. They must be one special turntable. I see the ebay one sold for just under $190. Recently in a wal mart (a rare visit for me) I saw a combination turntable unit that would play your vinyl record and digitize it all in one operation for around the $100 mark if I recall. I was almost tempted since I happen to have an eclectic collection of vinyl records that would probably overload a half ton truck if I ever hauled them to the dump.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!