The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Friday, November 12, 2010

We watch old cartoons in the house


 With apologies to Uncle John's Crazy Town who does this the right way and is a real collector not  a hack like I!

I used my flip video camera to record some parts of an old Terry Toon movie that I found in my collection. There are no titles so I have no info on it.
The story line is that a large black lady gives her son a bath and sends him out to play. She warns him about the tiger before he goes. The family dog hears the warning and dresses up like a tiger. Hi-Jinks insue.

You have to suspend the whole racial overtones thing and appreciate the slapstick comedy. My daughter has probably never heard the old racial stereo types and she just appreciates it as a being funny.
I asked her what she thought about how the black folks were shown in the film and the kids did not make a real connection between the cartoon and real life stereotypes. The response was something along the lines of, its a movie! Its not real dad! So, I don't know what it means.
My favorite part is the family dog checking out his tiger costume in the mirror. Only... It is not a mirror!




And then there is Woody Wood Pecker getting ready for winter. Always good for a grin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!